The Four state winners of West Zone will head to Mumbai for the Grand Finale of
fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2019
Pune 2019: With the legacy of transforming lives of young talented women who have become icons in the glamour and fashion industry, fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2019 co-powered by Sephora & Rajnigandha Pearls vows to continue its tradition with an aim to extend whole-hearted support to the new generation women who have the potential to lead and represent the country in the future.
With Six Miss Worlds who have made India proud by marking their presence on the global map- Reita Faria (1966), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (1994), Diana Hayden (1997), Yukta Mookhey (1999), Priyanka Chopra (2000) and more recently Manushi Chhillar Miss World (2017), who brought the coveted crown back home after 17 years – the hunt for the new crown bearer has now begun.
fbb Colors Femina Miss India West 2019 wrapped up with charm on 14th April 2019 at the Hyatt Regency, Pune which played a perfect host as hospitality & venue partner.
The evening announced the winners of the four states of the West Zone i.e. Miss India Goa, Miss India Maharashtra, Miss India Rajasthan, Miss India Gujarat along with Miss Jammu & Kashmir (from North Zone) who will represent their state at the Grand Finale which is going to be held in Mumbai on 15th June.
Owing to the recent Pulwama attack in Jammu & Kashmir, the Top 3 finalists represented the State of Jammu & Kashmir at the West Zonal Crowning Ceremony.
West Zone Mentor Neha Dhupia was extremely happy that the deserving candidate will be representing their state at the grand finale. She enthusiastically quoted, “I started my journey with Miss India and since then it has been a never-ending relationship with the pageant. Every year I see a fresh lot of ambitious and enthusiastic girls with the dream to win the Miss India and make India proud at the prestigious Miss world. I’m looking forward to have Manushi’s successor this year.”
The West Zone Winners were :
No Name State winner
1 Shaasthra Shetty Goa
2 Vaishnavi Andhale Maharashtra
3 Mansi Taxak Gujarat
4 Suman Roa Rajasthan
5 Megha Kaul Jammu & Kashmir
The Judges for the evening were:
• Neha Dhupia – Indian actress and beauty pageant winner who also won the 2002 Femina Miss India pageant.
• Prathamesh Maulingkar – Mister Supranational 2018 – An Indian footballer and a beauty pageant title holder who won the title of Mister Supranational 2018. He plays as a Centre Back for Dempo in the I-League. Maulingkar is the only footballer in Asia to be featured on the cover of Men’s Health magazine. He also works as a fitness trainer and owns a gym in the state of Goa.
• Asha Bhat – Miss Supranational 2014 – An Indian model, engineer and beauty pageant titleholder from Karnataka. She won the Miss Supranational pageant of the year 2014 and became the first Indian to win the said pageant. Asha recently debuted in Junglee featuring Vidyut Jamwal and Pooja Sawant produced by Junglee Picture and Directed by Chuck Russell.
• Samant Chauhan – A postgraduate diploma from New Delhi’s National Institute of Fashion Technology where he was also awarded the Best Design Collection and Most Innovative Fabric Development. For Chauhan, fashion is not just about popular trend, but a very basic form of representations that is always conceptual. He firmly believes in exploring his native Bhagalpur, still working with the weavers in innovating new fabrics and modern designs. His patent colours remain very earthy and his label SAMANT CHAUHAN has come a long way, selling at several high-profile stores across the world.
• Priya Bapat – An Indian actress who works in Hindi and Marathi films. She is best known for her roles in the movies Kaksparsh and Aamhi Doghi, for which she was awarded Best Actress at the Screen Awards, and Happy Journey, for which she won the Best Actress at the Maharashtra State Awards. She was also nominated for Best Actress at the Marathi Filmfare Awards in 2014.