Mainstream Actors in Comic Role – 2015
Comedy is a serious business with a solo target that is to make people laugh. Lot of mainstream actors are giving special importance to this genre these days. Its an art to master comedy, lets take a look at some of the actors who nailed this art with their hilarious sense of humour and perfect timing.
1. Amitabh Bachchan in Piku – After ruling several hearts for decades and consistently trying new things, this legendary actor didn’t shy away to play his age, a dysfunctional father, obsessed about his constipation problem. He killed it with his great humour. A confused, stubborn, naive father. He made us roll out laughing.
2. Kangana Ranaut in Tanu Weds Manu Returns – Kangana stunned us with her tom boy character Kumari “Kusum” Sangwan aka Datto. She not only brilliantly spoke the heavy Haryani accent but also tickled our funny bones by crazily getting into the nerves of her character. And of course she melted our heart in the climax.
3. Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Bajrangi Bhaijaan – Nawaz who is known for his intense acting and serious characters made us giggle with his unintentional humour in the film. Though Salman and the little Harshali were the stars of the film but he shined out in his own light of comedy.
4. Kartik Aryan from PKP2 – The new chocolate boy in B-town who made all the guys nod to his monologue also made girls go gaga over his cute and charming looks. His played the perfect lover boy who is stuck with his dotting girlfriend. Though there was lot of women bashing in the film he also made us laugh like hell with his comic timings.
5. Pavleen Gujral from AIG – After being in fashion scene for 8 years and popular face associated with number of commercials and press shoots, she made her bollywood debut in the female buddy film ‘Angry Indian Goddesses’. Her superb comic timing and naive reaction over LGBT and stuff gave a good laugh to audiences. She looks promising as an actress in comic role in the coming years.
This mainstream actors who banged in as comedy actors have made it clear that comedy is an essential element of acting skills and the one who masters this art wins the hearts.